Monday, August 10, 2009

Tips n Tricks: Moving TFS to another server and getting "Scale-out deployment" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services

Today I was mucking about with restoring our TFS environment on a different server to create a backup environment where we can do our migration testing and bumped into some minor issues. I Figured that I should post them, if not for anything else they'll server as a reminder to self the next time around.

Anyway the problem concerns getting the following error message when you try to access your reports:

The feature: "Scale-out deployment" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services

So what’s the deal with this then? Well as the documentation states:

A scale-out deployment refers to two or more report server instances that share a single report server database

This functionality is not available in the standard edition of SQL Server and the problem I ended up with is that once you follow the steps in the guideline document (How to: Move Your Team Foundation Server from One Hardware Configuration to Another).

My problem was that once I had restored the encryption key for my Reporting Services I ended up with two entries when running RSKeyMgmt –l, to get around this I ran RSKeyMgmt –r OLDDTInstanceID.

No comments:

Post a Comment